Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 2 - Plyo X, i.e. Devil X

I didn't know that the X in P90X stood for making you feel X-tremely out of shape! Haha! So Plyo-X pretty much kicked my butt. Basically, I did about half the reps overall that they did. Some exercises I was able to do the whole time with decent form, some barely at all.

For those of you who don't know what Plyometrics are (I didn't before doing this workout), it's basically a workout using jumping and squatting. One workout (my favorite) was hopping to one side and striking the 'Heisman Pose,' holding it there for a second, then hopping the other way onto the other leg and striking the pose in the other direction. Sounds complicated in words, but easy to do when it comes to it. Another, more difficult (for me) exercise was to get in a stance like you were about to start running (like cross-country, not sprints), and jumping 180 degrees into the same stance, then jumping back.

Then, I had my recovery drink. I couldn't say if it helped last night or not, because I was pretty sore today. Hopefully my upper body won't be too sore for shoulders and arms tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment