Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 1 DONE!

Wow, so I started P90X today, and it is definitely EXTREME!!! And wow, am I out of shape.

First, my Before Weight/Fat Measurements:
Weight: 250 pounds
Fat %: 37%
That's a BMI of about 36, which qualifies me for Class II Obese. Hopefully, not for much longer!!
I took my other measurements, which I'll post when there's something for comparison.

About 2 hours before I did the workout, I did the fit test, which I don't recommend. Even though it isn't too hardcore, the fit test will still make your arms, legs, and abs burn. My results were:
Resting Heart Rate: ~67 BPM
Pull-Ups: 0, as I knew it would be. I think I've done 1 pullup in my life.
Vertical Leap: 18 inches, which I was somewhat impressed with
Push-ups: 19, which I was also somewhat surprised about.
Toe-Touch: -2 inches
Wall-Squat: 1 minute, ALTHOUGH, I had done it already, but didn't press 'Start' on my stopwatch.... so I have no idea how long the first time was, so my legs were already somewhat dead.
Bicep Curls: 14 with 25 pounds.
In & Outs: 26, but with admittedly poor form.

Then I had some chicken breasts for supper, and a banana (and watched House). Then the real fun started.

Chest & Shoulders sure seemed like a harsh introduction to p90X! Maybe not harsh, but definitely extreme! There were several of the pushups where I couldn't do a single one (diamond being the worst). Wide-Fly pushups I actually enjoyed. The Dive-Bomber ones are difficult to aquire the correct form for, but after that, not too bad. As for pullups and chinups... well, I obviously had to do chair assisted ones, and that is still definitely a workout. I know I have to get better though, because my leg was getting a little tired, lol! And then, Ab Ripper X. Wow, my abs suck. Bad. I couldn't even do some of them, and overall, I probably did 80 reps out of the 349. Next time, hopefully I'll be able to do 100!

After my workout, I mixed up my recovery drink:
Half a scoop of GNC Vanilla Whey Protein
1 teaspoon of Glucamine
8 oz. of OJ
Ice
Blend

Tastes somewhat like an Orange Julias... sorta. It's not bad though, and it's a helluva lot cheaper than the P90X Recovery Mix.

Alright, off to bed to recover. Hopefully I won't be TOO sore tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the P90x group!! i will be following your bog please follow mines :D http://p90xtime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete