Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Before the Beginning

Hello all... well, anyone that might stumble upon these ramblings.

This blog (my first, and likely only) will be about my weight-loss journey using the P90X system. My fiancee and I stumbled upon an infomercial one evening, and thought we'd watch it for laughs and giggles. Well, the results they showed were pretty amazing, and thought I'd do some research on it. Amazingly, I could not find any 'negative' reviews, and everyone swears that it works, as long as you stick with it. The only negative comments that I found were that someone could come up with a similar workout/diet on their own, that it was expensive ($140 after shipping), and that it was HARD. For me, I need the motivation to work out, plus the convenience of working out at home when I have time, versus going to the gym.

In this blog I will TRY to post after most workouts (especially after the first time I do them) with my reaction to the workout. I will be taking pre-pictures and measurements this weekend, and will post the pictures once I see results (I don't want to subject anyone to my body for no reason!). The measurements will be posted sometime next week.

The past few nights I have been collecting what is needed to start the program. I bought some Bowflew Selecttech 552 Dumbbells on Amazon due to their high rating, space saving design, and convenience, an Iron Gym Door Pull-Up Bar, and a scale that measures your body fat. I still need to get a heart-rate monitor. I'll be using my fiancee's yoga mat. I'm hoping my DVD's come next Monday, so I can get started. This was all a little spendy, so thank goodness for excess student loans!

No comments:

Post a Comment